Sale Price: $329.98
Sale Price: $289.98
10 Quick Tips for Buying an Inground Basketball Goal
1. Phil Jackson's triangle offense was a pretty great system. But even the Zen Master would have to admire the "holistic," all-in-one approach of complete inground basketball hoop systems: a backboard, rim, net, pole, height adjustment mechanism, and ground sleeve for easy assembly and removal.
2. Rule number one: don't invite Blake Griffin to your dunk contest. Rule number two: if Blake Griffin breaks your backboard, replace it with one of our backboard and rim combos with a heavy-duty, solid steel, Pro Slam breakaway rim.
3. Maybe you're parents of middle school kids. Maybe Muggsy Bogues is visiting for the weekend. Whatever the case, an adjustable-height hoop would make practice -- and dunking -- possible for everyone, with rim ranges of 5.5 to 10 feet (varying by hoop).
4. Acrylic blackboards are made from a clear, glass-like plastic. Acrylic is lighter and softer than glass, and unlike glass, it won't crack or shatter. However, acrylic can pick up scratches. Acrylic typically has less responsiveness or bounce than glass, though a strong frame and thicker backboard (e.g. 0.5 inch to 1 inch) should offer comparable performance.
5. Basketball backboards made from tempered glass offer pro- or college-level performance, including truer rebounds and bank shots. A 0.5-inch thickness is the NBA and NCAA standard, though 0.375 inches is common for home use.
6. Our backboard widths begin at 44 inches, but if you want a backboard that meets NBA, NCAA, and high school regulations, you'll need to start at the top of our range. Standard backboard dimensions are 72 inches wide by 42 inches high.
7. Few companies in any industry have a history as rich as Spalding's. Founded in 1876 by Hall of Fame pitcher A.G. Spalding, the company manufactures official equipment for multiple sports leagues, including the official NBA ball and backboard. Spalding basketball hoops offer quality and authenticity at an affordable price.
8. Made in the USA, First Team basketball goals are always picked first for playgrounds. They're strong, durable goals for aggressive, everyday hoops action, be it indoors or out.
9. Goalsetter specializes in inground, height-adjustable basketball hoop systems with large-dimension backboards. Manufactured in America, Goalsetter basketball hoops are backed by a lifetime warranty on poles, backboards, and hand cranks.
10. Installing an inground hoop doesn't just mean digging a hole and dropping in the pole. It takes about 850 pounds of dry concrete mix, among other supplies, to ensure a safe and secure installation. For simpler solutions, see our portable and wall-mounted goal sections.
Inground Basketball Hoops