Tired of using playground basketball hoops to shoot buckets? Bored with shooting "air balls" and "bricks" because you don't have your own backyard basketball hoop to practice your basketball skills? Now you can become a basketball star while enjoying endless hours of exercise and fun with your very own inground basketball hoop. Once you purchase your basketball hoop, just follow these simple instructions and you'll be ready to play in about three days.
Here are some basic supplies you will need:
The next step is to choose the site for your playing court and basketball hoop. You will want to choose a cemented surface that is flat and even so that you can get rough without the tumble. Once you've chosen the location, you're ready to begin the installation process. Follow these simple instructions:
- Using your shovel, dig a square hole about 2 by 2 feet with a depth of at least 2 feet.
- Mark a line 18 inches from the bottom of your basketball pole.
- Following the instructions on the bag, mix 850 pounds of concrete.
- Fill the hole completely with cement. Press the cement then insert the basketball pole to the 18-inch line.
- Fill the pole with concrete and make sure the basketball pole is straight by holding the level against all sides of the basketball pole.
- Let the concrete settle and dry for at least 48 hours.
- Attach the basketball hoop to the basketball backboard. Attach the basketball net to the basketball hoop.
- Attach the basketball backboard to the pole so the basketball rim stands 10 feet from the ground.